The Church Organ

The organ was built in 1860, as a chamber organ. This is its third home. The first home was in the house of Robert Affleck, esq. GP in Low Fell. It then moved to the Church of the Divine Unity, New Bridge Street at which point it was modified. Finally it was rebuilt in 1939-40, in this church by Messrs Binns, Fitton & Hayley Lmtd. In its present form it has 1875 pipes, controlled by a 51 drawer stop. At the time of installation it was regarded as the most complete for it’s size in the North of England.